Tuesday, October 25, 2005

"Free Bird"

"Free Bird"

Recorded by "Lynyrd Skynyrd"
Album:' Pronounced Leh'-nerd Skin-'nerd" - 1973
------------------------------------------------------------------
If I leave here tomorrow
Would you still remember me?
For I must be trav'ling on now
'Cause there's too many places I've got to see

But if I stayed here with you girl
Things just couldn't be the same
'Cause I'm as free as a bird now
And this bird you'll never change
And this bird you cannot change
And this bird you cannot change
Lord knows I can't change

Bye, bye baby it's been a sweet love
Though this feeling I can't change
But please don't take it so badly
'Cause the Lord knows I'm to blame

But if I stayed here with you girl
Things just couldn't be the same
'Cause I'm as free as a bird now
And this bird you'll never change
And this bird you cannot change
And this bird you cannot change
Lord knows I can't change

Lord help me, I can't change


*This is the song Natalee quoted in her high school yearbook. It's just sad to think that she might not ever get to do the things she had planned on doing now.*

1 Comments:

Blogger Lake Erie Princess said...

Premonition perhaps of an unsettled future ?

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home