Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Picking Sides




I was thinking about this subject a lot, and I decided to write a paper about it for my English class for college. I am hoping I will get some of you guys to give your opinions for me. Why do you really pick sides in situations or cases like this? When the main point should be to worry about the missing girl and be looking for her why does everyone pick sides. Of course I have my opinions on the case, but this paper guidelines say that I have to stay neutral while writing so I am going to let you guys tell me. Hell really I tried to stay neutral, but it is hard with some things, but now I promise I will if you give me your honest opinion on why you choose sides. Also if you could give me feedback on what you believe should happen or what you think is really going on with the case.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it is human nature to "pick sides" in such cases. In my case I am a parent who has lost a child. My son was 19 when he was killed in an automoble accident. So naturally, my heart breaks for the family. However, I too have tried to remain nuetral. Its just very hard in todays great world of science and technology to accept that anyone could just "vanish". My opinion for whatever it is worth would be that "things are not what they seem to be". Much more is known about her disappearance and responsible parties than we will ever know. Good luck with the paper!

4:21 PM  
Anonymous debbie said...

Good Luck with your project . I'm a parent and grandparent and I think the more I saw the ones being accused in this case and the way they were acting is what caused me to choose who to believe. I truly believe if you have nothing to hide , you'll be honest about what you know. And, they are not .

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have to say that I picked the side I did, because after seeing the suspects, and seeing their attitudes towards the situation, I just felt they were being very cocky so I really don't believe a word that comes out of their mouths. Plus how many times they lied and changed their stories, something just doesn't fly with me on that.

Dave

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think they are guilty. You do not lie to the police if you have nothing to hide. Case closed they should be locked up for what they did to that poor girl. Justice will be served, maybe not right now, but it will be served.

James

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home